EducationGraduated with Honors in Political Science from Wesleyan University. 3.98.
Honors and Awards:
- Phi Beta Kappa
- White Fellowship
- Department of State Critical Language Scholarship
- Former Special Agents of the FBI Leadership Scholarship
- Davenport Study Grant
- Annie Sonnenblick Writing Award
- Parker Prize for Excellence in Public Speaking
- Roosevelt Institute Policy Exposition Winner
- Ibn Battuta Merit Scholarship for Peace and Diplomacy
- Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship
- Wellesley Book Award
I am an experienced tutor with experience working with students from 5 years to 75 years old. I have worked in a variety of subjects including Spanish, English, Arabic, Writing & Math. I love learning & working with students who are enthusiastic about their own education. I love working with students who are struggling and showing them how to make problems easy even when they seem hard.
Courses/Subjects that I have Taught:
- Introduction to Statistical Analysis (Stata, SAS, R, SPSS) (ranked most helpful TA)
- Introduction to GIS (ranked most helpful TA)
- Statistical Consulting (developed new instruction method now used consistently)
- Arabic (described a "game-changer" by one student)
- Spanish (one student said that I "renewed their love for language")
- Research methods (helped multiple students complete 100+ page theses)
Countries where I have lived:
- Paraguay (Studied)
- Guatemala (Studied)
- Costa Rica (Program Coordinator - work conducted in Spanish)
- Ecuador (Spanish Translator)
- Morocco (Studied)
- Egypt (Researched in Arabic)
- Ethiopia (Researched)
- Uganda (Researched)
- Jordan (Studied in Arabic)
- US Politics (taught by former Vice President Walter Mondale), A
- Arabic (Intro - Advanced), A+
- Statistical Analysis, A
- International Law, A
- GIS Software, A+
- Writing Nonfiction, A+
- Senior Thesis Tutorial, A+
**First session is half of the cost - this is to ensure that the student and I are a good match. If you feel dissatisfied with the session, I offer a full refund**
Subjects I will tutor:
- Spanish (Oral communication or written practice)
- K-8 education
- ACT/SAT Prep
- Violin Lessons, Suzuki books 1-4 (contact me about rates)
- Computer Skills (Including Statistical softwares R, STATA, SPSS, SAS)
- Study Skills
- Organization Skills
- History (Depending on the era)
- Research Methods
Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions!
HobbiesI love being active. I run in my free time, and I row along whatever river is nearest to me. In the past I have rowed on the Mississippi River, the Connecticut River, the Nile River, and the Potomac River. I love hiking, kayaking, swimming, and backpacking and rock climbing as well.
I play violin and I love fiddling with my cousins at weddings, or outdoor events.
I do a lot of writing, and I love exchanging writing with other creatively-minded people.
I love exploring new places and discovering local, or less-traveled spots.
Writing, Reading, Quantitative Reasoning, Public Speaking, PSAT Writing Skills, PSAT Mathematics, PSAT Critical Reading, PSAT, Political Science, Middle School Math, Middle School, Journalism, IB Global Politics SL, SAT, SAT Critical Reading, SAT Math, US History, Study Skills And Organization, Study Skills, Statistics, Spanish 4, Spanish 3, Spanish 2, Spanish 1, Spanish, Social Studies, Social Sciences, SAT Mathematics, IB Global Politics HL, IB Geography SL, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP Spanish Literature and Culture, AP Spanish Language, ACT Reading, ACT Math, ACT English, ACT Science, AP Comparative Government and Politics, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, ACT, ACT with Writing, AP United States History, AP US Government, AP US History, IB Geography HL, Homeschool, Government, Geography, Essay Editing, English, Creative Writing, Computer Skills, College Essays, CLEP Spanish, Arabic, AP World History, ACT Writing
Client Reviews (4)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.