Wednesday after 4PM
Friday after 4PM
Education-Graduated from St. Albans Washington National Cathedral Scholars Program.
-Finished High School recently from Columbia Heights Educational Campus (Bell Multicultural) 3.79 GPA in Washington D.C.
-Freshman currently attending Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana.
-Purdue Polytechnic University studying a BS in Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering.
ExperienceLittle about me: I am a big STEM nerd, I love robotics and teaching people about being creative in their own minds regarding to engineering. Even though I am a STEM major I am familiar with the literature world and read a lot. I enjoy being creative and open minded person. Trying out new experiences basically.
I help out teaching kids about robotics when I was in high school. I like showing kids that learning STEM is not hard but it is actually fun and enjoyable to do.
Some things I've done:
• AmeriCorps Service Week, Washington, D.C. - Performed over 40 hours of community service restoring a local elementary school and preparing health kits for youth and young adults.
• (2013)Environmental Presenter, Researching and presenting ways to prevent waste and damage to the Anacostia River and Rock Creek Park trees.
• British Studies Ambassador (2014) – selected as one of the top two Cathedral Scholars to attend a cultural immersion study abroad scholarship to London, England.
• Washington National Cathedral Scholars Program (2012-2015) –The Cathedral Scholars Program is a highly selective college preparation program for high achieving students from DC Public Schools. Scholars receive professionals, academic and leadership development, community service opportunities as well as assistance with the college application process.
• Honor Roll, Columbia Heights Educational Campus (2011-2015)
• (2013 – 2015) President, FIRST Robotics Club, Columbia Heights Education Campus – won several regional, state, and international competitions.
• (2013 – 2015) Band Member, Trumpet, Columbia Heights Education Campus
Hobbies-I like learning about new cultures and visiting the world. I love learning about Japanese culture especially about anime and manga literature.
-I enjoy using and explore into technology, I believe it is fun to allow kids to know more about what it can do for their future.
-I like to be active person rather sitting down and teach, I like to be active using gestures and walk around really try to be involved with what I am doing since I am visual and hands on learner.
- I like to question everything and see why about the way things are.
-I am casual person not really into being formal person, I love to be funny and really motivated with the people I work with.
-I am up to date to gamer culture since I play video games myself.
- I do enjoy playing tennis and badminton.
10th Grade math, Middle School Math, AP US History, AP United States History, Algebra 2, Algebra 1, 4th Grade Reading, 4th Grade math, 9th Grade Reading, 3rd Grade Reading, 3rd Grade math, 1st Grade Reading, 1st Grade math, 2nd Grade Reading, 2nd Grade math, 12th Grade Reading, 11th Grade Reading, 10th Grade Reading, Social Studies
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.